Sintaclor® anti corrosion system for HCL manufacturing with tail tower in Graphilor® and piping in Armylor®
With over 600 references in operations throughout the world, Sintaclor® - the Mersen HCl synthesis unit – is acknowledged as a proven solution.
The HCl Sintaclor® system is composed of:
- One compact integrated synthesis unit that performs the combustion, the absorption and the cooling.
- One packed tail tower that scrubs the residual gas and releases clean vent gas into the atmosphere.
The synthesis unit and the tail tower are manufactured in Graphilor® 3, while piping is made of Armylor®.
Mersen is able to provide HCl Sintaclor in a turnkey skid with all the pre-assembled items.
- Temperature resistance up to 430°C through the use of Graphilor®3 XC (ultra-fine grain graphite with carbon impregnation)
- Top-mounted burner with internal liquid protection that allows a smaller size of furnace
- Bottom-mounted safety disc to have a better control of effluent in case of breakage
- Automated plant
- Special burner design
- Performed production of hydrochloric and quantities varying from 1.4 to 150t of 100% HCl per day
- HCl concentration: up to 37%
- Free chlorine content: less than 1ppm
- Total combustion of chlorine gas with low hydrogen
- Compact system
- Exceptional lifetime on the Graphilor® 3
- Fast delivery and commissioning
⇒ Graphilor® 3 is the only impregnated graphite resulting from the combination between isostatic graphite and a specific resin.
⇒ Armylor® PTFE is Mersen material made from PTFE or PFA.