GRAPHITE BLOCK HEAT EXCHANGERS
BLOCKS HEAT EXCHANGERS FROM THE HYKARB® AND POLYBLOC® RANGES ARE BASED ON UNIQUE ISOSTATIC GRAPHITE BY MERSEN, GRAPHILOR®
Mersen has designed and manufactured block heat exchangers for over 50 years with more than 10,000 units in service in more than 50 countries.
Respectively named Polybloc® for the cylindrical design and Hykarb® for the cubic ones, Mersen's heat exchangers are based on Graphilor® 3, the only isostatic ultra-fine graphite.
They are used in fields such as:
- Metallurgy: pickling bath, HCl, H2SO4, HF, HNO3
- Chemical: pigments, heat recovery on corrosive process, VCM, TDI, etc...
- Fine chemicals and pharmaceuticals
Mersen graphite block heat exchangers are manufactured with its exclusive trademark graphite: Graphilor® 3, the only impregnated graphite resulting from the combination between isostatic graphite and a specific resin.
Key advantages of Graphilor® 3:
- Particularly high resistance to corrosion
- Very good temperature resistance
- Excellent refractory qualities and mechanical properties
- Non-contaminating properties
- Graphilor® 3 with three standard impregnations (phenolic, carbon and PTFE)
- Multi-passing for both process and service sides
- Shell in carbon steel, PTFE-lined or FRP or various alloys
- Heat exchange areas up to 300 m²
- Carbon fiber reinforced graphite, in option
- Large blocks sizes range from 140 to 1 800 mm diameter
- Drilling adapted to process
- Design pressure service side maximum 16 barG and process side maximum 12 barG
- Design temperature up to 430°C
- High corrosion resistance of Graphilor® 3
- Modular design
- Easy maintenance
- Long lifetime
- After-Sales Service on 3 continents ; more than 20 Repair Shops
- Manufacturing sites in Europe, USA and China